A Community Built on Love
As we continue to share our story we find others in our community wanting to be a part of it. We want to say a big, Thank You to our supporters, we don't know what we would do without you.
The many different ways we help...
- One-time grants for utility bills, rental assistance and co-pays.
- Uber, Lyft or Fuel cards to help with transportation to and from treatments.
- Gift cards for groceries and household items.
- Chemo "CARE" Packages
- The Shannon K. Brown Grant is awarded to one recipient in financial crisis. The presentation is made at our annual fundraising gala and is approximately $3,000.00
- Prom Project - One Inland Empire patient who has a teen going to prom will be sponsored for an all expenses paid prom experience.
- Adopt-A-Family Holiday Campaign - One Inland Empire family in financial distress is adopted and gift cards are collected by supporters of The CARE Project to be passed on to the family.
Our Survivor Social Club was established for those going through and recovering from treatment. This is a relaxed, small group of Survivors who share a common bond and want to socialize with others who have "been there, done that." Our monthly socials could be a simple luncheon or a fun outing such as makeovers, movies, beach trips, etc.
- Survivor/Patient mentoring – newly diagnosed are matched with a survivor for one on one support.
- Health & Wellness - From time to time we have special guests join us for classes/workshops on things such as Yoga, Nutrition, Zumba, Meditation, Essential Oils and more. We aim to focus on prevention and recovery through health and wellness and have partnered with volunteer nutritionists, instructors, physicians and therapists.